Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 In Review

Well, I'd like to thank everyone who encouraged, discussed, or participated in making art with me this year. I started 2011 with the resolution which I shared with you all, “to both create and share artwork”, and this blog was born.

I got off to a great start with paintings such as these:

Vortex 1
Slash 1,2,3
Hills and Mountains 1
Giraffe 1


In February, I agreed to be cast in a play. Between work, softball, and the play, painting kind of took a back seat, but I still made a few paintings during the run of the play (through April):

Samos from Dear and Glorious Physician
Self Portrait
Untitled
Shine
Vortex 4
After the play, things got a little complicated in the friendship landscape... Let's just say that some mistakes were made, some friendships were broken, but I would not change anything that I did.  Here are a sample of paintings that reflect how I was feeling at the time:

Cracked
Spiral
The Cave

Summer began, and I entered into the Wedding Season to End All Wedding Seasons, or as some call it the Great Wedding Season, or World Wedding Season I.  Seriously, I went to a ton of weddings in 2011.  Here are some happier paintings:

Wave

Vortex 5
Purple

Also, during the Summer was the Orange County Fair, of which demonstrated at for the eighth consecutive year.  My self portrait was displayed in the gallery and I had fun:
Self Portrait

Foot Throwing at the OC Fair

The red clay pieces were not made with my feet.

Nearing the end of the year, with weddings behind me, and softball coming to a close, I embarked on a project, making many small (5"x7") paintings in series and arranging them.  Here are some of the results:






























Well, that's 2011 in a nutshell. I've already got a couple of posts ready for 2012, and some ideas in my head. I look forward to sharing with you all in the new year.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the combinations of little paintings :) thanks for sharing your art!

    ReplyDelete